RYC is facilitating ECW-REFAT in Mahottari District as the implementing partner of save the children under flood response. RYC facilitates for implementation of ECW-REFAT program in Pipra and Mahottari rural municipality and Jaleshwar municipality. 58 govt. Schools are covered in this project and 3867 flood vulnerable students are provided educational pack, 58 school got school kits and 31 school got ECCD kits and 31 disable students got education materials including game and kitchen materials under resource school support. 13 schools got small renovation cash grant for renovation of damage structure of school due to last 2017 flood.
The main goal of the program to help local government restore education in flood affected schools with the goal of all targeted boys and girls having equitable access to safe, quality, protective and inclusive education in spaces that are conducive for learning . Resuming education in flood effected terai .
- Improve access to safe, protective and inclusive basic education and ECCD
- Improve quality of education interventions, as linked to the 2017 flood response
- Increase effective government and community participation, accountability and capacity in planning and delivery of education, as linked to the 2017 flood response
- Pipra Rural Municipality-ward no. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
- Mahottari Rural Municipality-ward no. 1,2,3,4,5,6
- Jaleshwar Municipality ward no.1 to 12
Duration of Project
Nov 17, 2017 to July 18, 2018